Andrew M. Cuomo, Governor
Eric J. Hesse, Director
Gold Star Parent Annuity Program
The Gold Star Parent Annuity Benefit authorizes an annuity payment of up to $500 per Gold Star parent of a deceased Veteran. Applicants approved for the Gold Star Annuity Payment are required to verify eligibility on a yearly basis. To be eligible, applicants must meet the following requirements:
- Applicant must be a Gold Star Parent (as defined in 10 USC 1126);
- Applicant must be a New York State resident and domiciliary
How to Apply
Applications may be submitted at anytime. Payments will be authorized and disbursed in semi-annual installments (March and September). The following documentation is required to process a Gold Star Parent Annuity Benefit:
- Gold Star Parent Annuity Benefit Application form: goldstarannuityapplication.pdf
- Evidence of military service of the deceased veteran. Acceptable evidence includes a DD Form 1300 (Report of Casualty); or a copy of the telegram from the U.S. Department of Defense advising the parent of his or her loss.
- A proof of New York State residency. Acceptable evidence includes a copy of the applicant’s property tax bill or utility bill, voter registration documentation, pay stub or current NYS Driver's License.
Mail the completed application and supporting documentation to:
New York State Division of Veterans’ Affairs
Attn: Gold Star Annuity Program
2 Empire State Plaza
Albany, NY 12223-1551
For additional assistance, schedule an appointment with a New York State Division of Veterans’ Affairs (NYS DVA) Benefits Counselor. Call the DVA at 1.888.838,7697, or contact the DVA by email.