New York State Veterans’ Nursing Homes
The New York State Veterans' Homes are skilled nursing facilities owned and operated by the New York State Department of Health (DOH) and State University of New York (SUNY) for Veterans and their dependents. They exist to provide quality care to all eligible Veterans and dependents in need of skilled nursing care and rehabilitative services.
New York State Veterans’ Home at St. Albans
178-50 Linden Boulevard
Jamaica, NY 11434-1467
New York State Veterans’ Home at Batavia
220 Richmond Avenue
Batavia, NY 14020
New York State Veterans' Home at Oxford
4211 State Highway 220
Oxford, NY 13830
New York State Veterans' Home at Montrose
PO Box 188
Montrose, NY 10548
Long Island State Veterans’ Home
State University of New York at Stony Brook
100 Patriots Road
Stony Brook, NY 11790-3300
(631) 444-(VETS) 8387
The applicant must require skilled nursing care and:
- Have entered active duty from the State of New York or be a New York State resident for one year prior to application for admission; and
- Veteran must also have had an honorable discharge from the U.S. Armed Forces; and
- Veteran must have had at least 30 days of active service;
- A spouse of an otherwise qualified Veteran, unless legally separated, may be admitted to a home if the spouse was married to an eligible Veteran for one year prior to application and requires skilled nursing care.
- A Veteran accompanied by their spouse both of whom require skilled nursing care will receive the highest priority for admission followed by "wartime" Veterans; "non-wartime" Veterans, spouses and un-remarried surviving spouses; and then Gold Star mothers and fathers.
- For a Veteran with a service connected disability rating at 70% or greater, the Department of Veterans Affairs will pay State Veterans Homes the full cost to provide skilled nursing to that Veteran (38 U.S.C. §1745).
For admissions information, applicants may contact the skilled nursing facilities directly.
If you would like to learn more about the benefits and services you may be eligible for as a Veteran, servicemember, or as a family member of a Veteran or servicemember, please call the New York State Division of Veterans’ Affairs Help Line at 1.888.838.7697 (VETSNYS), where you may also schedule an appointment with one of our Veterans Benefits Advisors.