NYS Regents Awards
Regents Awards for Children of Deceased & Disabled Veterans provide up to $450 per year to students whose parent(s) served in the US Armed Forces during specified times of national emergency.
Who is eligible?
Eligible students are those whose veteran parent(s) are NYS residents and who served in the US Armed forces during one of the following periods of war or national emergency:
- WW I between Apr 6, 1917 and Nov 11, 1918; or in
- WW II between Dec 7, 1941 and Dec 31, 1946; or in
- Korea between June 27, 1950 and Jan 31, 1955; or in
- Vietnam between Dec 22, 1961 and May 7, 1975; or in
- Persian Gulf on or after Aug 2, 1990; or in
- Afghanistan on or after Sept 11, 2001
- Or students whose parent(s) was the recipient of the Armed Forces Expeditionary Medal, Navy Expeditionary Medal or the Marine Corps Expeditionary Medal for participation in operations in Lebanon, Grenada or Panama. And as a result of service, the veteran either died, suffered a 40% or more disability, was classified as missing in action, or was a prisoner of war.
What is required to apply?
- Must establish eligibility by applying to the Higher Education Services Corp (HESC) at www.hesc.com or call 1-888-697-4372.
- Veteran parent must be a NYS resident
- Have applied for the Tuition Assistance Program and Federal Student Aid (FAFSA)
All applications must be completed by May 1st of the academic year for which an award is sought.
For Additional Information contact
Higher Education Services Corp (HESC) at www.hesc.com or call 1-888-697-4372.